NASM .4 | NFPT .5 | NSCA .3
The purpose of this course is to teach trainers the very basics on the science of running. Running is very complex and since almost every sport requires some type of running it is crucial for trainers to at least understand the fundamentals. This course will explain and demonstrate basic running mechanics and common dysfunctions. Students will learn how to identify these common dysfunctions and correct them. This course will teach warm up and stretching methods that will reduce injury and improve times. It will demonstrate simple exercises that are easy to apply and have immediate benefit.
- Teach students how to identify common runner dysfunctions.
- Show students basic movement therapies that will improve running performance.
- Explain how the body functions during running.
- How a weak core contributes to poor stability and inhibits proper limb movements causing muscle imbalances in the kinetic chain.
- Students will download the online study material and watch the power point.
- Students will be expected to read the course again after watching it
- Students will login to Fit and Functional testing web site and take the multiple choice exam.